Featured Post

Day One...A novel in progress

Well, this is a first for me...blogging my way while I write my eighth novel. I would like to get it done by October, so that will be my go...

Sunday, May 19, 2019

RAIN...No Rhubarb Fest for this author!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of all this rain. It reminds me of when I lived in Bremerton, Washington and I only lasted 5 months there. I had to go home. A home where you see, feel and live in the sunshine!

I did no writing yesterday because I wanted to be out in the sun. My sanctuary (backyard) needed fixing up. I still had all my yard decor in boxes and I had to figure out where to place all my shepherd hooks for all the hanging plants I bought.

So, I mowed the front and backyard. Had to take a break because I tend to overheat in warm weather, so my face looked like a lobster. On my break and went and bought stuff for dinner. Came back and put in all the yard decor where I saw fit. By then the sky began to look darker by the minute. I had also taken my headache medicine then too. This messed up weather is creating havoc with my headaches. 

Once the storm took hold, I didn't do any writing. I made dinner and took a nap. Meds make me extremely sleepy.

Today (Sunday), another storm is on the way. We were supposed to participate in the Rhubarb Fest in Kankakee, but with the weather being what it is and my husband's woodwork, along with my books, would not be conducive to the stormy weather. So, we opted out. Lost our fee, but I'd rather that then soggy books.

I remember going to Printer's Row in Chicago and a storm started to brew. Chicago lived up to its name, Windy City. The wind kicked in, garbage cans started flying, as did tents. Pamphlets, and whatever other paper went up in the air. It was scary! Good thing there were buildings to go into then. In Kankakee, the Rhubarb Fest is outdoors.  See my point.

I have yet again, another headache, but what I didn't get done house wise yesterday, I will do now. Hopefully, writing will take place tonight.

Have a blessed Sunday.

No comments: