Featured Post

Day One...A novel in progress

Well, this is a first for me...blogging my way while I write my eighth novel. I would like to get it done by October, so that will be my go...

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Day One...A novel in progress

Well, this is a first for me...blogging my way while I write my eighth novel. I would like to get it done by October, so that will be my goal, October 1st!  I thought it would be interesting for those of you who always wanted to write to see what a writer goes through. The trials and tribulations of good days when writing is a breeze, to days when you want to punch your monitor screen and scream. Yes, it happens and more than you think.

Writing, that's the easy part, the hard part is when you start to get into the nitty gritty, and then the edits! Oh, the joy of editing. The King of nerve and hair pulling is formatting. Just when you think everything is in its place, it's not and you have to re-submit...not once but SEVERAL times. I kid you not! It's a bloody pain in the butt!

So, the book I am about to start is called Elspeth. It's about a young girl, who resides in Dornoch, Scotland. She is of the age to learn about being a Green Witch. Her mother is a witch and starts to teach her, her craft, but soon discovers that Elspeth's magick is coming out faster than she can handle and worries that she will be found out. It's in the 1700s, a time when in other glens, the threat of witchery and deceit is starting to spread. Elspeth's mother, fearful for her daughter, keeps her close,
but even then, that proves fatal.

My posts will not always be cheerful, you may see some frustration and a few )*&*^%F*&*)#(&*& as well, but be assured, my book will get done and you all will be the first to receive the word and first to receive your very own copy.

COUNTDOWN TO OCTOBER 1st: 326

1 comment:

Nadia Giordana said...

How exciting, Sue. Bravo.